- Watch your fermenter’s for hair line cracks as you could end up with leakage ! (They do need to be replaced after some time)
- I have found the easiest way to remove any excess glue from your lables is using SOS pads ! EASY !
- Keep a spray bottle of sanitizing solution (handy to use when sanitizing only your hydrometer).
- Use the extra wine sediment for a beef roast in the crock pot. Pork roast works also.
- If you use 2 packages of yeast in your wine, it shortens the processing time.
- When bottling, use 4 smaller bottles to use as tasters, so that you don’t open a regular size bottle if the wine isn’t finished aging.
- Bottle a couple larger bottles for wedding gifts or dinner parties.
- Use a different color foil cap for the different years you make wine:
- 2010-Red foil cap
- 2009-Black foil cap